Some of J.M. Whitney & Co., Inc’s recent real estate projects and deals include:
- Brokering and organizing the purchase and final development of one of the world’s largest Harley-Davidson dealership. This included locating the site, organizing the environmental cleanup (which cost about $1,200,000.) and redevelopment of the property and through our Insurance group J.M. Whitney Insurance placed Stop Gap insurance for Environmental clean up cost over-runs.
- Curtis Whitney obtained the Buyer and working with a brokerage team sold the 450,000 sq. ft. Motorola office park for $37.5 million which was located in the Cabot business Park in Mansfield, MA
- Working with the local Zoning board, organized related community meetings in order to craft an Assisted-Living Overlay District for new developments and coordinating the re-zoning of the First Baptist Church property to also include the R.75 zoning for multi-family developments. Also represent the Phillips Congregational Church for rezoning for “limited business”.
- Assisted Lincoln Property Companies to permit and approve 224 apartment units in Watertown through the Special Permit and 40 B permit approval process.
- Assisted a team to establish the project loan request documents and obtaining financing, marketing and development for a 750 unit 55 and older development known as Southport on Cape Cod in Mashpee, Massachusets.
- Successfully completing a bankruptcy reorganization and subsequent sale of property for New England Country Club and Development.
- Curtis Whitney purchased residential land on Martha’s Vineyard which was encroached upon by the Town drinking wells district. Working with the Town officials the land was subdivided into three (3) single family parcels which were subsequently sold and developed.
J.M. Whitney & Co. is the only real estate or insurance office in Watertown that has been continuously family-run over 50 years.
For more information about J.M. Whitney & Co., call 617-924-7500 or visit www.JMWhitney.com